Thursday, October 30, 2008

Got Money? Now Leave it in Vegas.


I just got back from several days in Sin City. Not that I love going to Las Vegas, but that's where the conference was and since I need yearly continuing education that's where I went.

I know we keep hearing about how nobody has any money but someone forgot to tell the people in Lost Wages, Nevada. From the time I got off the plane to the time I left, there was a never ending line of people happily handing over their hard-earned money in exchange for various forms of entertainment. (What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, right?) The only thing I left there was... my desire to return. I walked one end of The Strip to the other and not once saw a good tool store. Who needs Gucci, Armani, and the rest of theses high priced stores? Now I admit that tools are not on the minds of most people visiting Vegas. But, gee work with me here! Whats this world coming to?
Las Vegas has grown to be a smoke-filled, overcrowded, noisy and obnoxious city that forces erotic themes at you at every opportunity. From the people pushing "hot girls" cards at you as you walk down the street to the signs on every cab and billboard in the city. Each promising you everything that you could desire (and some things you don't).
I'll take that last statement back. I actually saw a cab that had a sign advertising a place selling"extra-wide shoes". How did that ringer get in there? The driver of this cab must have committed some type of crime. He drives around pushing the benefits of wide shoes while his buddies bask in the glow of neon signs proclaiming hot girls in various forms of undress. These girls are years away from worrying about comfortable shoes!
You are just getting old you say? That may be right. But on the other hand I left NO secrets in Vegas!
When I got home I remembered what really matters most. The long list of things that broke while I was gone. Now where did I leave my tool bag?

No comments: