Sunday, November 9, 2008

Recycled DVD Holder


Saturday morning found our family doing some cleaning and organizing around the house. My wife noted we had a large stack of DVD's in the front room. She looked at me, in a way I understood to mean, that it was now my problem. Glancing at the pile, I remembered a project on the internet using some old shutters. I thought of my junk room and knew there were some old wooden shutters and barn wood hiding some where in the well organized chaos. Not much of a basis for a project, but what the heck.

I quickly grabbed the "junk" and headed to the workshop. About an hour later I emerged with our new DVD holder. Cost? $0 and we saved something from the landfill. Can't beat that! The best part is my wife loved it. There are some things that I would do differently if I had to build it again (so whats new) but overall it was a nice quick project.

No comments: